Head of Content
Liz has been a professional content manager since the internet was invented. Getting better quality sleep has always been a passion of hers – especially once she had kids! Liz now writes and curates our content, making sure to test all the products she can to give you an unbiased opinion. Learn more about our team.
Sleep can become more elusive as we get older. In fact, approximately one-third of adults in the U.S. do not get sufficient sleep, as per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
One of the best ways to ensure you get enough shut-eye is to choose a suitable bed. Adjustable beds have become affordable for home users, enabling you to improve your posture and get the comfort you deserve (read our roundup review of the best adjustable beds for general use).
Below, we will take you through the best adjustable beds for seniors, revealing everything you need to know about why they come highly recommended. But first, let’s give you a brief overview of our three top adjustable bed frame choices:
- Saatva Lineal – Our number one choice is the Saatva Lineal adjustable bed frame, which comes with a range of impressive features. You can expect three massage settings, under-bed illumination, quiet motor operation, and perfectly balanced head and foot support.
- GhostBed Adjustable Frame – Another impressive adjustable bed frame, which comes with five different massage modes for you to enjoy. Manage everything from an easy-to-use remote, which comes with pre-set positions for watching TV, getting a restorative night’s sleep, lounging, and more.
- Tempur Ergo -Tempur-pedic has made a great name for themselves in the industry, and we think they have outdone themselves with this adjustable bed. Most adjustable beds offer a few helpful features, but the Tempur Ergo is a responsive, AI-powered bed base, which ensures the most refreshing and healthy sleep possible for seniors.
Table of Contents
Adjustable Bed Comparison Table
The Best Adjustable Beds For Seniors: In-Depth Reviews
The #1 Overall Best Adjustable Bed For Seniors
Our top pick, the Saatva Lineal Adjustable Base, comes with the option of a standard or upper-flex adjustable bed frame. The latter has been designed to pair exclusively with the Solaire Upper-Flex mattress.
This adjustable bed comes with a wide range of features that make it comfortable, safe, and adaptable. Not only can you get into the right position for a night of restorative sleep, but you can enjoy a massage beforehand to relax your muscles.
From the silent motor to under-bed illumination, everything has been considered when it comes to creating the perfect sleep environment. You can even add one of the best compatible bed rails for extra peace of mind at night.
- Wall-hugging design – The space between your bed and wall will stay the same, even if you change lineal position, ensuring your bedside tables are kept within reach.
- Massage settings – Enjoy leg, head, or full-body wave massage settings at three different speeds.
- Whisper-soft motor – The discreet and quiet motor is sealed to ensure quiet operation.
- Under-bed lighting – Safely find your way back to bed during the night thanks to under-bed illumination and in-built remote flashlight lights.
- One-touch remote – Comes with an easy-to-use remote, which has preset settings for watching television, working, reading, or getting a restorative and comfortable night’s sleep.
- Weightless, Zero-G Support – You will feel like you are gloating with perfectly balanced foot and head support. All you need to do is tap on the preset setting to enjoy this feature.
- Compatible with the majority of bed frames on the market today, including slatted platform beds.
- Find your path easily at night thanks to the under-bed illumination.
- Enjoy a full-body wave, leg, or head massage for sheer relaxation and pain relief.
- Elevate feet and head for weightless support.
- Available in six different sizes so that you can find the perfect adjustable bed for your room and preference.
- Constructed in the United States
- Maximum weight capacity: 850 lbs
- Height: pushpin legs can be adjusted from 8” to 13” for a total height of 13” to 18” in 0.5” increments
- Six standard sizes: Twin (38” x 75”), Twin XL (38” x 80”), Full (54” x 75”), Queen (60” x 80”), King (75” x 80”), and Cal King (72” x 84”).
Best Budget-Friendly Adjustable Bed
The GhostBed Adjustable Frame is another one that gives you the ability to experience zero gravity. With just the touch of a button, you can feel completely weightless, ensuring the most luxurious night’s sleep.
There are lots of different pre-set positions, from watching TV to lounging, making it easy for you to get in a perfect position. Plus, just like the Saatva Lineal Adjustable Base, interactive massage units have been installed to provide targeted ache and pain relief, with five different modes to choose from.
One of the more cost-effective solutions on the market today, this adjustable bed is perfect for those seeking personalized sleep on a budget.
- USB ports on either side – Recharge your phone battery while you recharge your system.
- Under-bed LED lights – At just the touch of a button, you can enjoy soft illumination, making it easy to find your way back to bed if you’ve slipped away for a midnight snack!
- Choose from a number of preset positions – There are a number of preset positions to help relieve acid reflux, reduce snoring, and alleviate insomnia.
- Interactive massage units – Relax with foot and head massage settings, with five different options to select from.
- You can easily get into the position that is perfect for you and the activity you are doing, whether watching TV or simply resting.
- Beautiful-looking adjustable bed frame in a contemporary charcoal grey shade with a stunning matte finish.
- Relax your muscles and ease any aches and pains with the massage function.
- Safety is prioritized with this bed. Not only can you enjoy under-bed illumination but the steel retainer bars ensure the mattress remains securely in place.
- Enjoy health and relaxation benefits at the touch of a button, enabling you to enjoy a zero-gravity position.
- You won’t need any tools to put this together, as it arrives pre-assembled. There are simply a few steps that are needed to set up the base.
- Weight: 145 pounds
- Constructed from alloy steel
- Color: Charcoal Grey
- 19 different remote functions
- Stunning matte finish
- Six legs (12 inches each)
- 4 USB ports
- Wireless, backlit remote included
Best Adjustable Bed for High-Tech Features
Our third choice is this amazing adjustable bed frame for seniors from Tempur-pedic, the well-known bed manufacturer!
The reason why this is considered a good choice for seniors is that it comes with many advanced features to provide the most seamless and pain-free sleep system. You can expect under-bed lighting, a two-zone massage system, USB ports, and the all-important QuietMode.
The Autopilot mode is incredibly popular, as it features a Sleeptracker, which is powered by AI, doing all of the hard work for you. It is easy to use this system.
You can download the app on your Android or iPhone device. Once your Smart Base is delivered to you, it will be set up and configured, free of charge, so you don’t need to worry about any complicated set-up process.
Sleeptracker gives you the ability to get minute-by-minute snapshots of your sleep journey. This gives you the power to make the adjustments that are needed so that you can have the best possible sleep.
From altering your bedroom environment to understanding your sleep stages, you get all of the data that is required to continuously enhance your sleep. You can even set an AI-powered alarm so that it wakes you up during your lightest phase of sleep, ensuring you wake up as refreshed as possible.
In fact, we would go as far as to say that this is one of the most responsive adjustable beds on the market today. It is able to sense snoring, automatically raising your head to a position that can help to lower snoring.
There are four different bases to select from if you are interested in the power base from Tempur-pedic. This includes the Ease Power Base, Tempur-Ergo Power Base, Tempur-Ergo Smart Base, and the Tempur-Ergo Extend Base.
The latter is the most elite smart base out of the four, offering innovative technology, such as automatic snore detection and response.
- Underbed lighting – Get back to bed safely.
- USB ports – Charge your phone and other devices while you are sleeping.
- 2-zone massage – Comfortable and adjustable massage so that you feel comfortable while in bed.
- QuietMode – Most adjustable beds can be quite noisy, but that’s not the case with this adjustable bed frame.
- AI coaching and insights – You will get personal sleep tips via an easy-to-use app, making sure that you continually make the adjustments that are needed so you can enjoy a better night of rest.
- Snore response – Ergo Smart Bases will respond to snoring automatically, raising your head gently if snoring is detected.
- Smart alarm – Set an alarm that is powered with AI so that you wake up during your lightest sleep phase. This ensures you wake up feeling refreshed!
- Includes advanced features that ensure you enjoy the healthiest and most restorative sleep.
- Underbed lighting ensures that you can get back to bed safely.
- Customize your comfort with a range of adjustable features and AI technology.
- Enjoy the feeling of weightlessness while you are sleeping, as your feet and head will be elevated so that pressure is reduced while you are resting.
- Choose from four different bases, enabling you to find the right senior adjustable bed frame for your needs and budget.
- 25-year warranty included
- Health Sleep Award Winner
- Choose from 7 standard bed frame sizes: Twin, Twin Long, Full, Queen, King, Split King, CA King, and Split CA King
- AI-powered sleep insights and recommendations
Best for Use with Solid-surface Platform Beds
Packed with convenient and comfortable features, the Leggett and Platt Prodigy adjustable bed is another great choice for seniors.
You can expect USB ports, under-bed lighting, and pillow tilt, ensuring you can customize your sleep to suit you. This is all managed via a capacitive touch remote, as well as apps for Android and Apple devices.
Users can also enjoy a full-body dual massage. This is built into the base of the bed and uses wave technology, with the intensity adjustable via your app. Fall to sleep feeling relaxed from head to toe.
One thing that makes this bed unique when compared with the other adjustable beds mentioned in this guide is that it makes use of the innovative Wallhugger® Engineering, which has been designed to put you at the center of the bed’s motion.
Most adjustable beds will lift your upper body away from the wall, and consequently away from your bedside table. However, this bed will lift you up while you glide back simultaneously. This means that the bed remote or your favorite book are never going to be out of reach.
This adjustable bed also comes with a zero clearance foundation, which means that it is ideal for use with solid-surface platform beds.
- Pillow tilt – Ensure you get ultimate support while sleeping, watching TV, working, or reading a book in bed.
- App controls – You do not have to worry if you have lost the remote. You can control everything from your Android or App device.
- Capacitive-touch remote – If you don’t have a smartphone or don’t wish to use one, you don’t have to. There is also a capacitive-touch remote control included, which comes with a lot of features, such as a snore button and programmable positions.
- Zero Clearance Foundation – The bed frame has a zero clearance foundation, which means it is a perfect choice if you are looking to use the frame with solid-surface platform beds.
- Wallhugger® engineering – This innovative feature is unique to beds designed by Leggett & Platt. Whenever you adjust the bed, you won’t be moved away from your nightstand. Instead, your body glides you back while lifting you up, ensuring you’re still in the perfect position to reach all of your bedtime essentials.
- Under-bed lighting – Lighting underneath the bed offers functionality and ambiance. You can use the app or your remote control to turn the lights on and off.
- Full-body dual massage with wave technology – You can enjoy a fully customizable massage from head to toe with this bed. You can easily amend the intensity of the massage from the remote control or via the app.
- Enjoy a sleep that is right for you, as you can easily customize your position and enjoy different types of massages while in bed.
- A sleek and stylish bed that is made using furniture-grade upholstery.
- A gentle-wake alarm and sleep timer help you to get the most restorative sleep possible.
- This bed features innovative technology that you will not find with any other bed, which means you do not end up being too far from your nightstand while in bed.
- Zero clearance fam, 3.5-inch foam profile foundation style design
- Height adjustable legs for optional use
- Furniture-grade upholstery in black
- Dual full-body massage with wave
- Android and Apple mobile apps
- Capacitive-touch wireless remote
- 850 lbs. Total maximum weight capacity
- Wallhugger® engineering
Best for Partners
If you are yet to find the perfect senior adjustable bed, don’t worry; this adjustable bed base from LUCID could be the perfect option for you!
Out of all of the adjustable bed frames available, this is a great choice for partners, as you can easily combine two twin bases, meaning you will both be able to stay in the same bed while enjoying a customized sleep experience each.
This bed also features a robust and durable design, which will last for many years to come. Plus, it offers a number of other convenient features too, including two in-built charging ports.
- Dual USB charging ports – There are two built-in USB charging ports, which give you the ability to charge all of your gadgets within arm’s reach.
- Head-Up, Zero-G, and Foot-Up positions – Choose from three different positions so you can enjoy the most comfortable and beneficial sleep position for you.
- Independent controls for partners – You don’t have to disturb your other half, as the set-up means you can raise your side of the bed without having to worry about impacting your partner’s sleep.
- You have the option of adding a footboard or headboard to your bed, enabling you to personalize the bed to suit you.
- You should have no trouble adding this adjustable bed to your bed frame, as it is compatible with most decorative frames on the market today. This means you can easily build upon your current bedroom set and blend the frame in with the rest of your room.
- Achieve a healthier sleep by choosing from three different positions; Zero-G, Foot-Up, and Head-Up.
- This is a great adjustable bed for couples because it combines two twin XL bases so that you can both enjoy a personalized sleep experience without worrying about negatively impacting your partner’s sleep.
- Upholstered bed frame
- Featured materials: polyester and steel
- 10-year warranty
- Dual USB charging ports
- Three different sizes: Queen (59.5 x 79.5), Full (52.5 x 74.5), and Twin XL (37.5 x 79.5)
- 15-inch thickness
Best for Style and Comfort
When it comes to features, style, and comfort, you can be sure that this adjustable bed from Yaasa ticks all of the boxes.
Not only does it adjust to suit your needs, but the expressive styling is something a lot of people will appreciate. A lot of people feel they need to sacrifice interior design for comfort when it comes to adjustable beds, but this model proves that is not the case.
Plus, with state-of-the-art technology incorporated as well, you can be sure that you have got everything that is needed to have a comfortable and rejuvenate sleep.
Although this adjustable bed frame has been designed for use with a Yaasa mattress, it does work with most other modern mattresses and can fit into most bed frames as well.
- Different bed positions – You can choose from a number of different positions. The Zero Gravity mode is designed to relieve pressure across your entire body. You then have the option of elevating your legs up to 28 degrees, which is great after a long day, as well as the option of reading the head section as much as 60 degrees so that you can sit upright if needed.
- USB outlets – You can charge your devices while you relax thanks to the inclusion of USB ports.
- Under-bed lights – If you have found yourself needing the bathroom in the middle of the night, you can feel secure knowing it is easy to make your way back to bed thanks to the under-bed lighting.
- Wall-hugging technology – The nightstand is never too far away with this feature, ensuring you can always reach your drink or book.
- It is easy to get into the position that is comfortable for you with this bed, which comes with many different options to select from.
- Convenience is a priority with this bed. Wall-hugging technology makes it easy to reach the nightstand at all times while USB outlets ensure your devices never run out of charge.
- You can customize your sleep experience with just a click of a button!
- Four different sizes to choose from: Twin XL (79.25” x 37.25” x 15”), Queen (79.25” x 58” x 15”), King (79.25” x 74.5” x 15”), and Split King (79.25” x 74.5” x 15”)
- Designed and engineered in California
- The maximum weight capacity is 700 lbs
- Weight ranges from 140 lbs to 198 lbs, depending on bed size
- 10-year limited warranty included
Best for Seniors Who Deal with Aches and Pains
Another one of the best adjustable beds on the market today is the Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame. Improve your sleep quality with this frame from a leading adjustable bed brand.
If you sleep with a partner, you will be able to have a custom sleep experience, as you can use two of the twin XL mattresses and bring them together. This ensures you can continue to share the same bed while also getting a personalized sleep experience.
Like most of the other adjustable beds mentioned, built-in massage features come with this bed. This makes it a great choice for seniors who may be battling aches and pains every day. This Nectar model will provide 15 minutes of relaxing vibrations, helping you to ease into a more comfortable sleep.
- Three-zone massage – Enjoy a complete sleep system thanks to in-built massage features.
- Four different bed positions – Choose from four different bed positions to ensure you can enjoy the most comfortable sleep for you.
- USB plugs – Charge your device with ease thanks to the inclusion of two USB outlets.
- Zero Gravity position – You can enjoy complete pressure relief by using the Zero Gravity position.
- A bed built for two – You can use the split king size so that you individually control your own sleep experience.
- You and your partner don’t have to sleep in separate beds anymore
- Relieve pressure with four different bed positions, making it easy to get comfortable
- Convenient charging options so your devices never run out of battery
- Enjoy a massage to help you drift off into a restful and rejuvenating sleep
- One of the more cost-efficient models on the market, with special offers regularly available!
- Four different positions: Head Up, Feet Up, Head & Feet Up, Flat
- Four sizes: Twin XL, Full, Queen, & Split King
- Three-year warranty for the adjustable frame against defects in materials or workmanship
- Two USB outlets included
Best Luxurious Adjustable Bed
A luxurious sleep experience is assured thanks to the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed. You can expect a wide range of upgrades, such as mobile app controls, Google Home, Alexa, head and foot circulation, and full-body massage
Three pre-set settings are available to help you get into the perfect position with just the touch of a button so you can drift off to sleep in no time.
You can also enjoy a lovely, relaxing massage before you drift off to sleep, with three different intensity levels.
Not only is this bed about getting a restful night of sleep, but it is also about helping you to manage any health problems you may be experiencing, from sleep apnea to acid reflux.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home – You can easily control your bed with your home smart system for ease of use.
- Three intensity massage options – You can choose from three different levels of intensity when enjoying a relaxing massage in this adjustable bed.
- Adjust your position with ease – Get into the most comfortable position for you. Select from preset positions or tweak the shape of the bed until you are happy.
- Free shipping and in-home-set-up – You do not need to worry about putting your DIY skills to the test with this bed.
- Under-bed LED lighting – You can find your way back to bed with ease during the night.
- Non-skid fabric and foot retainer – Safety is clearly a priority with this bed.
- Wall glide feature – This feature means that you are never going to be too far away from your bedside table.
- You can get into the most comfortable sleep position with both food and head articulation
- Reduces symptoms of sleep apnea, snoring, and acid reflux
- Enjoy a relaxing full-body massage, with the ability to select from three different intensity levels
- Features a high-quality frame, which is made to last and constructed to a high level
- Great ratings have been received from those who have already tried the bed themselves
- Five Sizes: Queen, Twin XL, King, California King, and Split King
- 10-year warranty included
- Adjustable height legs
- Customizable settings
- Home delivery and set-up included
- Product weight ranges from 119 lbs to 238 lbs, depending on size
- Frame and legs made from steel
- Bed base features polyester upholstery with a steel retainer bar
Best for Spine Support
Finally, the Reverie 9T Adjustable Bed Base, which is also commonly referred to as the R550L Adjustable Power Base, is a great option for anyone looking for the best adjustable beds for seniors.
This adjustable bed brings together cutting-edge features and a stylish look with individual lumbar functionality, ensuring you get 100 discrete points of lumbar support, which gives you the ability to fine-tune spine support.
Combined with Bluetooth compatibility, you can connect the bed to the Reverie Nightstand app, which will give you access to bonus features, such as smart alarms, so you have everything you need to meet your comfort requirements and more.
- Power-down feature – All possibilities are covered with this adjustable bed frame, even a power cut!
- Automatic safety stop – This kicks in if there is too much weight on the bed.
- LED night light – If you need a midnight snack, you will have no trouble finding your way back to bed.
- Wall-Snugger design – You can be sure that your bedside table is always going to be reached with this feature.
- ProGrip technology – This is designed to keep your mattress in place even when the bed elevates.
- 3D wave massage technology – There are four wave modes to select from, as well as a full-body massage, with 10 intensity levels to select from.
- Head and foot adjustability – Get into the position that is most comfortable and supportive for you.
- You can get into the perfect position to help you achieve your sleep goals, whether you are someone who suffers from sleep apnea or you want to enjoy a zero gravity sleeping position to alleviate all pressure.
- You can select from a wide range of massage options, enabling you to relax before bed. Four-wave modes and 10 intensity levels mean you can enjoy a personalized experience.
- Plenty of different safety features are incorporated, including the automatic safety stop, LED night light, and corner retainer bars.
- Quiet operation ensures that you can get into the perfect position without disturbing your or your partner’s rest.
- Strong, durable, and robust construction, ensuring you benefit from a good adjustable bed, which is designed to last for years and years to come.
- You can connect with the Reverie Nightstand app thanks to the two-way Bluetooth compatibility. This makes it easy for you to manage your sleep experience with the click of a button. You can also access a whole host of extra features on the app, including smart alarms.
- Maximum weight capacity of 850 lbs
- Two corner retainer bars
- Whisper-quiet lift system
- Two-way Bluetooth technology
- 3-in-1 leg design
- Hard-body side rails on the bottom and grey upholstered top
- Headboard brackets included
- Fits most modern headboards and frames
- Wireless charging pad included
- Preset flat, zero gravity, and anti-snore positions
So there you have it: an insight into the top picks on the market today when it comes to the best adjustable beds for seniors.
From the Saatva Lineal Adjustable Bed to the GhostBed Adjustable Frame, there are plenty of high-end adjustable beds for seniors, and we are sure you will be able to find something that fits into your budget and delivers all of the benefits for the elderly that these beds provide.
If you are looking for a bed that is responsive and delivers the sleep that you truly need, we would advise going for the Tempur-Ergo. This will adjust to your needs based on the data extracted while you are resting every evening.
Of course, purchasing the best adjustable bed frame is just one piece of the puzzle. You then need to complement it with a comfortable mattress and cozy pillows and sheets.